عنوان مقاله [English]
Lavendula officinalis has sedative properties of aqueous extract. It is effective on diabetes and depression and has antimicrobial properties and manage. However, its effect on reproductive system has not been reviewed yet. Therefore, in this study, the effect of L. officinalis aqueous extract on ovaries BALB/c adult female mouse was stdied. After preparation of aqueous extract and when we observed lack of lethal symptoms, experiments were continued with selected doses as follows: 6 (group1: 15 mice), 12 (group2: 15 mice), 18 (group3:15mice) g/kg.bw. Intraperitoneally injections were done for 12 d on 65 mice. Results were compared with the control group (non-injection: 10 mice) and sham (injection of normal saline: 10 mice). For reliability, experiences were repeated 2 times. Data was checked with SPSS 20 and Duncan test and ANOVA with condition (P<0.05) and (P<0.001). The experimental groups1 and 2, showed a significant decrease in large and small diameters of ovaries (P<0.05). In experimental group3 showed a significant increase in numbers of primary follicles (P<0.05). All experimental groups showed a significant decrease of growing, Graafian follicle and corpus luteum.L. officinalis aqueous extract has detrimental effect on female ovaries and may be use as a contraceptive pill in the future.
1. Ala Issa A., 2011. potential role of Lavendula angustifolia in the management of diabetic dyslipidemia. Journal of Medicinal Plant Rresearch, 5(16): 3876-3882.
2. Benbelaid F., 2012. Antimicrobial activity of essential oil of Lavendula multifidal. Microbiol Biotech, 2(2): 244-247.
3. Ferguson C.E., Kleinman H.F., Browning J., 2013. Effect of Lavender Aromatherapy on Acute-Stressed Horses. Equine Veterinary Science, 33(1): 1-3.
4. Ganjewala D., Sam S., Hayat Khan K., 2009. Biochemical compositions and antibacterial activities of Lantana camara plants with yellow, lavender, red and white flowers. BioSciences, 3(10): 69-77.
5. Golestani Kalat Z., Maroj G.H., Azizi Arani M., 2012. The effects of Lavandula angustifolia Mill and Zataria multiflora Boiss Oviposition deterrence and reduce the progeny F1 Callosobruchus maculatus. Agricultural Sciences and Technology, 26(3): 327-333.
6. Hirazawa A., 2001. A First Pregnancy May Be Difficult to Achieve After Long-Term Use of an IUD. Peer-reviewed Research, 27(3):158
7. Holmes C., Hopkins V., Hensford C., Maclaughlin V., Wilkinson D., Rosenvinge H., 2002. Lavender oil as a treatment for agitated behavior in severe dementia: a placebo controlled study. Geriatr Psychiatry, 17: 305-308.
8. Marcelo D.A., Marcia T.F., Elisa R.L., Solange C.G., Viviane C.S Mirna, B.L., Eliane, D., 2009. Screening for in vivo (anti)estrogenic activity of ephedrine and p-synephrine and their natural sources Ephedra sinica Stapf. (Ephedraceae) and Citrus aurantium L. (Rutaceae) in Rats, Archives of Toxicology. 83: 95-99.
9. Mi-Young S., Shambhunath B., Ho-Jun K., Myeong-Jon L., Chi-Yeon L., 2012. The impact of Ephedra and green tea combination mesotherapy on localized fat: A randomized-controlled clinical trial. Elsevier. 4(3): 323-334.
10. Parivar K., Mohseni S., 1994. Air, atlas of embryology and experimental embryology. Jihad Teacher Training University .1: 49.
11. Rabiei Z., Heidarian E., Rafieian-Kopaei M., 2015. The Neuroprotective Effect of Pretreatment with Lavandula officinalis Ethanolic Extract on Brain Edema in Rat Stroke Model. ZUMS, 23(3): 41-52.
12. Rashidi B., Haghollahi F., Tehranian N., Shariat M., Zayeri F., Bagheri M., 2006. Therapeutic effects of vitamin D and calcium in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. Reprodaction and Infertility, 7(3): 225-233.
13. Saffari S., Bahadori M., Sharami S., TorabZadeh P., Goudarzvand M., 2016. Association of vitamin E level in follicular fluid with morphology of oocyte and quality of embryo in IVF patients, Alzahra Hospital Rasht. ZUMS, 24 (102): 21-31.
14. Salehi Surmaghi H., 1999. Medicinal plants and herbal therapy, Nutrition World, 1: 63-68.
15. Soc J., 1992. Percutaneous absorption of lavender oil from a massage oil. Vienna, 43: 49-54.
16. Torabzadeh P., Ghosi M., Parivar K., 2013. Teratogenic effects of the active ingredients in aqueous extract Physalis alkekengi on development embryo of Balb/C mouse. Physiology and Animal Development, 3(22): 1 -15.
17. Van der Ploeg E.S., 2010. The study protocol of a blinded randomised controlled cross over trial of lavender oil as a treatment of behavioural symptoms in dementia. Monash, 10: 49.
18. Woronuk G., Demissie Z., Rheault M., Mahmoud S., 2011. Biosynthesis and therapeutic properties of lavandula essential oil constituents, planta Med , 77: 7- 15.
19. Zargari A., 1994. Medicinal Plants. Tehran University Publications, 680 pp.