عنوان مقاله [English]
Rehabilitation training in cardiac patients after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) improves several physiological capacities. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of eight weeks of combined training on plasma levels and ghrelin gene expression in PBMNC among CABG patients. In this quasi-experimental study, 30 cardiac patients of Javad Al-Aemeh cardiac specialty hospital of Mashhad, who underwent CABG operation, were selected using convenience and purposeful sampling method and randomly divided into two equal groups (n=15): combined training and control. The combined training group performed selected aerobic and resistance training protocols for eight weeks, three sessions per week. Before and after training program, body composition assessments and blood sampling were performed to measure variables. Then, the obtained data were analyzed using independent and dependent t-tests at the significance level of 0.05. Data analysis showed that combined training significantly reduces body weight and BMI and significantly increases plasma ghrelin levels and relative expression of ghrelin gene in PBMNC (P≤0.05). Additionally, a significant difference was observed between plasma ghrelin levels and relative expression of ghrelin gene in PBMNC of training group compared to control group (P≤0.05). It seems that eight weeks of combined rehabilitation training increases plasma levels and ghrelin gene expression in PBMNC among CABG patients and can promote desirable physiological adaptations in cardiovascular health.
- Adams B.J.,carr J.G.,Ozonoff A.,Lauer M.S.,Balady G.j.,2008. Effect of exercise training in supervised cardiac rehabilitation programs on prognostic variables from the exercise tolerance test. AMcardiol, 101(10):1403-1407.
- Ahmadi S.M., Fathi M., RashidLamir A., Aminian F., 2019. Effects of 8 Weeks Aerobic Training on Plasma Ghrelin Level and Ghrelin Lymphocyte Gene Expression in Elderly Men. Iranian Journal of Ageing, 13(4):494-505.
- Barrington W.T., Lusis A.J., 2017. Atherosclerosis: Association between the gut microbiome and atherosclerosis. Nat Rev Cardiol, 14(12):699-700.
- Behrouzifar S., Zenouzi S., Nezafati M., Esmaili H.F., 2009. Actors affecting the Patients quality of life after coronary artery bypass graft. Iran J Nurs, 22(57):31-41.
- Brian M., Lilleness, M.D., William H., Frishman, M.D., 2016. Gherlin and the Cardiovascular System.Cardiology in review, 228-279.
- Ezquerro S., Frühbeck G., Rodríguez A., 2017. Ghrelin and autophagy. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care, 20(5):402-408.
- Fathi R., Ghanbari-Niaki A., Rahbarizadeh F., Hedayati MA., Ghahramanloo E., 2009. The effect of exercise on plasma acylated ghrelin concentrations and gastrocnemius muscle mRNA expression in male rats. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 10(5):519-26.
- Gaeini A.A., Sattarifard S., CafiZadeh S., Nejatian M.,.2013. The comparison of eight weeks of combined and aerobic training on functional capacity, body composition and strength in post-coronary artery bypass graft cardiac patients. Cardiovascular Nursing Journal, 2(1):34-41.
- Ghanbari-Niaki A., Ghanbari-Abarghooi S., Gholizadeh M., 2015. Heart ATP-Binding Cassette protein A1and G1, Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-αand Liver X Receptors Genes Expression in Response to intensive Treadmill Running and Red Crataegus pentaegyna (Sorkh valik) in Male Rats. Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 7(2):29-33.
- Heimerl S., Langmann T., Moehle C., Mauerer R., Dean M., Beil F-U,. 2002. Mutations in the Human ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters ABCG5and ABCG8 in Sitosterolemia. Human Mutation Mutation in Brief, 8(2):21-34.
- Karapolat H., Demir E., Bozkaya T., 2009.Comparison of hospital-based versus home- based exercise training in patients with heart failure: Effects on functional capacity, quality of life, p