عنوان مقاله [English]
Rehabilitation training in cardiac patients after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) improves several physiological capacities. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of eight weeks of combined training on plasma levels and ghrelin gene expression in PBMNC among CABG patients. In this quasi-experimental study, 30 cardiac patients of Javad Al-Aemeh cardiac specialty hospital of Mashhad, who underwent CABG operation, were selected using convenience and purposeful sampling method and randomly divided into two equal groups (n=15): combined training and control. The combined training group performed selected aerobic and resistance training protocols for eight weeks, three sessions per week. Before and after training program, body composition assessments and blood sampling were performed to measure variables. Then, the obtained data were analyzed using independent and dependent t-tests at the significance level of 0.05. Data analysis showed that combined training significantly reduces body weight and BMI and significantly increases plasma ghrelin levels and relative expression of ghrelin gene in PBMNC (P≤0.05). Additionally, a significant difference was observed between plasma ghrelin levels and relative expression of ghrelin gene in PBMNC of training group compared to control group (P≤0.05). It seems that eight weeks of combined rehabilitation training increases plasma levels and ghrelin gene expression in PBMNC among CABG patients and can promote desirable physiological adaptations in cardiovascular health.
- Adams B.J.,carr J.G.,Ozonoff A.,Lauer M.S.,Balady G.j.,2008. Effect of exercise training in supervised cardiac rehabilitation programs on prognostic variables from the exercise tolerance test. AMcardiol, 101(10):1403-1407.
- Ahmadi S.M., Fathi M., RashidLamir A., Aminian F., 2019. Effects of 8 Weeks Aerobic Training on Plasma Ghrelin Level and Ghrelin Lymphocyte Gene Expression in Elderly Men. Iranian Journal of Ageing, 13(4):494-505.
- Barrington W.T., Lusis A.J., 2017. Atherosclerosis: Association between the gut microbiome and atherosclerosis. Nat Rev Cardiol, 14(12):699-700.
- Behrouzifar S., Zenouzi S., Nezafati M., Esmaili H.F., 2009. Actors affecting the Patients quality of life after coronary artery bypass graft. Iran J Nurs, 22(57):31-41.
- Brian M., Lilleness, M.D., William H., Frishman, M.D., 2016. Gherlin and the Cardiovascular System.Cardiology in review, 228-279.
- Ezquerro S., Frühbeck G., Rodríguez A., 2017. Ghrelin and autophagy. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care, 20(5):402-408.
- Fathi R., Ghanbari-Niaki A., Rahbarizadeh F., Hedayati MA., Ghahramanloo E., 2009. The effect of exercise on plasma acylated ghrelin concentrations and gastrocnemius muscle mRNA expression in male rats. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 10(5):519-26.
- Gaeini A.A., Sattarifard S., CafiZadeh S., Nejatian M.,.2013. The comparison of eight weeks of combined and aerobic training on functional capacity, body composition and strength in post-coronary artery bypass graft cardiac patients. Cardiovascular Nursing Journal, 2(1):34-41.
- Ghanbari-Niaki A., Ghanbari-Abarghooi S., Gholizadeh M., 2015. Heart ATP-Binding Cassette protein A1and G1, Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-αand Liver X Receptors Genes Expression in Response to intensive Treadmill Running and Red Crataegus pentaegyna (Sorkh valik) in Male Rats. Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 7(2):29-33.
- Heimerl S., Langmann T., Moehle C., Mauerer R., Dean M., Beil F-U,. 2002. Mutations in the Human ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters ABCG5and ABCG8 in Sitosterolemia. Human Mutation Mutation in Brief, 8(2):21-34.
- Karapolat H., Demir E., Bozkaya T., 2009.Comparison of hospital-based versus home- based exercise training in patients with heart failure: Effects on functional capacity, quality of life, psychological symptoms, and hemodynamic parameters. Clin Res Cardiol, 98(10): 635-642.
- Keikhosravi F., Shah H.M., Daryanoush F., Hosseini S.A., Noura M., Hasanpour G., 2011. The effect of eight weeks moderate Intensity aerobic training on obestatin and ghrelin of obese male rats. Researcher in Sport Science Quarterly, 2(1):18-25.
- Khajei R., Haghighi A. H., Hamedinia M., Rashid Lamir A., 2017. Effects of Eight Week Aerobic Training on Monocytes ABCG5 Gene Expression in Middle-Aged Men after Heart Bypass Surgery. Journal of Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences, 24(1):79-88.
- Lie I., Arnesen H., Sandvik L., 2010. Predictors for physical and mental health 6 months after coronary artery bypass grafting. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs, 9(4): 238-43.
- Nuri R., Moghaddasi M., Darvishi H., Izadpanah A., 2016. Effect of aerobic exercise on leptin and ghrelin in patients with colorectal cancer.Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, 12(1):169-74.
- Parvizi A., Ghasemnian A., Rahmani A., 2016. Effect of 12 weeks aerobic exercise for along with folic acid supplementation on the levels of the ghrelin hormone amount of food intake and weight changes of female Wistar rats. Armaghan-e Danesh, 21(8):746-56.
- Pfaffl M.W., 2001. A new mathematic model for relative quantification in real-time RT- PCR. Nucleic Acids Research, 29(900): 2003-2007.
- Polock M.L., Franklin B.A., Balady G.J., chaitman B.L., fleg J.L., Fletcher B., 2000. Resistance Exercise in Individuals with and without cardio vascular Disease.Circulation, 101:828-833.
- Rashidlamir A., Ghanbari-Niaki A., Saadatnia A., 2011. The Effect of Eight Weeks of Wrestling and Wrestling Technique Based Circuit Training on Lymphocyte ABCA1 Gene Expression and Plasma Apolipoprotein A-I. World Journal of Sport Sciences, 4(2): 144-150.
- Rashidlamir A., 2012. Investigation of the Effect of Aerobic and Resistance Exercises on Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells ABCG1 Gene Expression in Female Athletes. Journal of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, 20 (1) :1-9
- Rona R., 2010. Exercise Capacity Is the Most Powerful Predictor of 2-Year Mortality in Patients with Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction. Herz, 35(2):104-110.
- Shabani R., Mozaffari M., Heidari Moghadam R., Shirmohamadi T., Vafaee R., 2013. Effect of cardiac rehabilitation program on quality of life in patients with myocardial infarction in Hamadan. Research in Medicine, 36 (5) :117-122
- Shokrallahnia-Roshan A., Sadeghi H., Shirani S., Nejatian M., 2013. Effects of Strength Training and Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs on the Biomechanical Parameters of Blood Flow Velocity and Blood Flow Rate and Its Relation With Arterial Stiffness Index in Brachial and Femoral Arteries with Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Patients (CABG). jrehab., 14 (2) :38-45
- Sousa F.N., Mendes R., 2013. A randomized 9-month study of blood pressure and body fat responses to aerobic training versus combined aerobic and resistance training in older men. Exp Gerontol, 48(8):727-33.
- Stoyanova I.I., 2014. Ghrelin: a link between ageing, metabolism and neurodegenerative disorders. Neurobiol Dis, 72:72-83.
- Tokudome T., Otani K., Miyazato M., Kangawa K., 2019. Ghrelin and the heart. Peptides, 111:42-46.
- Torres N., Guevara-Cruz M., Velázquez-Villegas L.A., Tovar A.R., 2015. Nutrition and Atherosclerosis. Arch Med Res, 46(5):408-26.
- Virdis A., Lerman L.O., Regoli F., Ghiadoni L., Lerman A., Taddei S., 2016. Human Ghrelin: A Gastric Hormone with Cardiovascular Properties. Curr Pharm Des, 22(1):52-8.
- Yang X., Li Y., Ren X., Xiong X., Wu L., Li J., Wang J., Gao Y., Shang H., Xing Y., 2017. Effects of exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation in patients after percutaneous coronary intervention: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Sci Rep, 7:44789.
- Zhang H., Chang R., 2019. Effects of Exercise after Percutaneous Coronary Intervention on Cardiac Function and Cardiovascular Adverse Events in Patients with Coronary Heart Disease: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Sports Sci Med, 18(2):213-22.