عنوان مقاله [English]
Quenzim Q10 (CoQ10) is a benzoquinone compound soluble in androgen lipid found in most tissues of the body. CoQ10 has a potent antioxidant activity and neutralizes free radicals. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of CoQ10 as a potent antioxidant and free radicals neutralizer on reproductive disorders, sexual behaviors, anxiety, and depression in male rats. In this study, small male rats (weight range of30-35 g) were used. At first, the animals under study passed a two-week treatment period. The adult male rats were treated with doses of 200, 300, 400 mg/kg of CoQ10 for two weeks. Then the effects of the given treatment were studied in the physiologic section. After the end of the treatment period, the sexual behaviors were assessed in the control group and treated groups by sexual behavior test. Then, the anxiety and depression levels in adult male rats were assessed using EPM and forced swimming tests, respectively. The findings of this study showed that the prescription of CoQ10 alone did not have a significant effect on sexual behaviors, depression, and anxiety in male rats.
7. Crane F.L. 2001. Biochemical functions of coenzyme Q10. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 20.6: 591-598.
8. Fanaei H., Keshtgar S., Bahmanpour S., Ghannadi A., Kazeroni M., 2011. Beneficial effects of alpha-tocopherol against intracellular calcium overload in human sperm. Reproductive Sciences, 18(10): 978-982.
9. Ghanbarzadeh S., Grajani A., Ziaee M., Khorrami A. 2014. Effects of L-carnitine and coenzyme q10 on impaired spermatogenesis caused by isoproterenol in male rats. Drug Research, 64(09): 449-453.
10. Gong Y., Han X.D. 2006. Nonylphenol-induced oxidative stress and cytotoxicity in testicular Sertoli cells. Reproductive Toxicology, 22(4): 623-630.
11. Guyton A. and Hall G., 2011. Textbook of medical Phisiology. 12th ed. by Sanders.
12. Henkel R., Maab G., Bodker R.H., Scheibelhut C., Stalf T., Mehnert C., Schuppe H.C., Jung A., Schill W.B., 2005. Sperm function and assisted reproduction technology. Reproductive Medicine and Biology, 4(1): 7-30.
13. Juan Y.S., Chuang S.M., Mannikarottu A.S., Huang C.H., Li S., Schuler C.A., Levin R.M. 2009. Coenzyme Q10 diminishes ischemia–reperfusion induced apoptosis and nerve injury in rabbit urinary bladder. Neurology and Urodynamics, 28 (4): 339-342.
14. Kaplan H.I., Sadock B.J., 1988. Synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences clinical psychiatry. Williams and Wilkins Co.
15. Lafuente R., González-Comadrán M., Sola I., Lopez G., Brassesco M., Carreras R., Checa M.A. 2013. Coenzyme Q10 and male infertility: a meta-analysis. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, 30(9): 1147-1156.
16. Lenaz G. 2012. Mitochondria and reactive oxygen species. Which role in physiology and pathology? Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 942: 93-136.
17. Liu X., Lin X., Mi Y., Li J., Zhang C., 2018. Grape seed proanthocyanidin extract prevents ovarian aging by inhibiting oxidative stress in the hens. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 9390810: 1-16.
18. Makker K., Agarwal A., Sharma R., 2009. Oxidative stress and male infertility. Indian Journal of Medical Research, 129(4): 357-367.
19. Marnie P., Pretorius E. and Michael S.P. 2013. Primary and secondary coenzyme Q10 deficiency: the role of therapeutic supplementation. Nutrition Reviews, 71.3: 180-188.
20. Mruk D.D., Cheng C.Y. 2004. Sertoli-Sertoli and Sertoli-germ cell interactions and their significance in germ cell movement in the seminiferous epithelium during spermatogenesis. Endocrine Reviews, 25(5): 747-806.
21. Palmeira, C.M., Santos D.L., Seiça R., Moreno A.J., Santos M.S. 2001. Enhanced mitochondrial testicular antioxidant capacity in Goto-Kakizaki diabetic rats: role of coenzyme Q. American Journal of Physiology and Cell Physiology, 281(3): C1023-C1028.
22. Pelikánová T., Kohout M., Válek J., Base J., Stefka Z., 1991. Fatty acid composition of serum lipids and erythrocyte membranes in type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetic men. Metabolism, 40(2): 175-180.
23. Rao M.V., Sharma P.S. 2001. Protective effect of vitamin E against mercuric chloride reproductive toxicity in male mice. Reproductive Toxicology, 15(6): 705-712.
24. Rehman A., Jenner A., Halliwell B. 2000. Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis of DNA: Optimization of protocols for isolation and analysis of DNA from human blood. Methods in Enzymology, 319: 401-417.
25. Shi J., Xue W., Zhao W.J., Li K.X., 2013. Pharmacokinetics and dopamine/ acetylcholine releasing effects of ginsenoside Re in hippocampus and mPFC of freely moving rats. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, 34: 214- 220.
26. Sies H. 2007. Total antioxidant capacity: appraisal of a concept. The Journal of Nutrition, 137(6): 1493-1495.
27. Wong E.W., Cheng C.Y. 2011. Impacts of environmental toxicants on male reproductive dysfunction. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, 32(5): 290-299.